How many times have you put your client's fertility or gynaecological problems down to their weight?
This course will challenge you to rethink your preconceptions and approach to your clients' body size. Using an evidence-based approach from both Western medical science and TCM, Fat Positive Fertility Expert Nicola Salmon will change the way you work with people in bigger bodies and help you build a more inclusive and clinically effective practice.
By completing this course you will:
- Make your business more inclusive to fat folks
- Reduce harm to the clients in bigger bodies that you treat in your clinic
- Learn how you can address your own internal bias around weight in your personal and professional life
- Understand how you can divest from the diet culture that has infiltrated every caring profession
- Be eligible to join the Fat Positive Fertility Network
What's in the course?
- Two hours of high definition video lectures
- Two hours of coursework and worksheets
- 100 slides
- An audit with practical steps to make your clinic more fat positive
- A review of all relevant research covered by the courses
- Recommended reading to take your learning further
Learn in the best way for you:
- Watch the videos with integrated slides and subtitles (English only)
- Listen to downloadable audio files wherever and whenever you want
- Read the transcripts of the videos
- Write your notes on the slides by printing the full slide pack
- Search the subtitles to jump to any word or phrase in the video
- Test your learning with the end of course quiz
Join the Fat Positive Fertility Network:
On completing this course you will be eligible to join the Fat Positive Fertility Network, a collective of practitioners who are willing to stand up to weight stigma.