Help your fat clients get the best healthcare treatment and the best experience in your practice
This course will help you challenge social and medical preconceptions about your clients' body size. Using an evidence-based approach, from both Western biomedicine and TCM, Fat Positive Fertility Expert Nicola Salmon will change the way you work with people in bigger bodies, helping you build a more inclusive and effective practice that empowers your clients.
By completing this course you will:
- Make your business more inclusive to fat folks
- Take practical steps to reduce harm to clients in bigger bodies
- Learn how you can identify any internal bias around weight in your personal and professional life
- Understand how you can divest from the fatphobia and diet culture that has infiltrated every caring profession, including TCM
- Apply your TCM skills to address fatphobia's hidden impact on your clients' fertility issues
- Be eligible to join the Fat Positive Fertility Network
What's in the course?
- 2.5 hours of high definition video lectures
- 2.5 hours of coursework and worksheets
- 100 slides
- An audit with practical steps to make your clinic more fat positive
- A review of all relevant research covered by the courses
- Recommended reading to take your learning further
- Five hours of continuing education credits, including 5 NCCAOM PDA points
Learn in the best way for you:
- Watch the videos with integrated slides and subtitles (English only)
- Listen to downloadable audio files wherever and whenever you want
- Read the transcripts of the videos
- Write your notes on the slides by printing the full slide pack
- Search the subtitles to jump to any word or phrase in the video
- Test your learning with the end of course quiz
Join the Fat Positive Fertility Network:
On completing this course you will be eligible to join the Fat Positive Fertility Network, a collective of practitioners who are willing to stand up to weight stigma.
Money should not be a barrier
This course is one of our 'safer practice for every-body' courses and we believe every practitioner should seek to be trained in these issues. As such we have tried to make this course as affordable as possible. If you find that you would like to access this course but cannot afford it at this time, please contact Naava.