Research shows that people with a higher BMI have poorer outcomes and risks associated with their health...
But it’s not for the reason you might think!
Fat folks routinely have shorter appointment times with their healthcare providers
Fat folks are routinely denied fertility tests and treatments
Assumptions are made about fat folks' health without questioning and appropriate testing.
Fat folks are commonly shamed and judged by healthcare providers based on their body.
The way that we treat fat folks has been shown time and time again in research to be the cause of poorer health outcomes and higher health risks in fat folks.
Will you join us in making your practice a safer space to support larger people's fertility?
We have created two exclusive courses to help you:
Fat, Fertility & Chinese Medicine
Specifically for Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioners, which integrates TCM diagnosis and treatment into the course.SIGN UP NOW
Fat Positive Fertility for Holistic Practitioners
For any practitioners who wants to make their practice more inclusive, regardless of their treatment modality.
SIGN UP NOW
These courses that will change the way you practice
By completing these courses you will:
- Make your business more inclusive to fat folks
- Reduce harm to the clients in bigger bodies that you treat in your clinic
- Learn how you can address your own internal bias around weight in your personal and professional life
- Understand how you can divest from the diet culture that has infiltrated every caring profession
- Be eligible to join the Fat Positive Fertility Network
Each course contains:
- Two hours of high definition video lectures
- Two hours of coursework and worksheets
- 100 slides
- An audit with practical steps to make your clinic more fat positive
- A review of all relevant research covered by the courses
- Recommended reading to take your learning further
Learn in the best way for you:
- Watch the videos with integrated slides and subtitles (English only)
- Listen to downloadable audio files wherever and whenever you want
- Read the transcripts of the videos
- Write your notes on the slides by printing the full slide pack
- Search the subtitles to jump to any word or phrase in the video
- Test your learning with the end of course quiz
Meet your trainer, Nicola Salmon
Nicola Salmon is a fat-positive fertility coach and author of Fat and Fertile. She has a BSc in Physical Sciences, MSc in Medical Engineering & Physics, Diploma of Acupuncture, Diploma of Naturopathy, and Integrative Fertility Coaching Certification.
She helps fat folks navigate getting pregnant in a weight-obsessed world and advocates for change in how fat people are treated whilst accessing help with their fertility.
Nicola uses her unique fat positive framework to support people in finding their own version of health without diets, advocate for their bodies, relearn how to trust their body and believe in their ability to get pregnant.
Fat, Fertility and Chinese Medicine
A course that guides Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioners on how to treat fat folks for fertility without focusing on their weight.